Blast From The Past-Rivoli Theatre  

Posted by The Simple Layman in

Blast From the Past Blog Button - mom


Ok. My wife asked me to do this. She is my sweetheart and I want to make her happy. Here is a picture that I found sitting on top of some old boxes someone was throwing out way back in 1975 or so. I asked the woman whose house they were in front of if I could have it and asked the history behind it. She said her husband had been a photographer and had done some pictures for this theatre but he had passed away several years before and she didn't think anyone would want this photo (along with some others that were with it) so she threw it out. I have kept it over the years. I think historical photos are neat. They often tell a story in a way few modern pictures aren't able to tell.

This one is of the "Rivoli Theatre" back entrance. Click on this link to go to a page that tells a little more about the theatre.


If you want to see more "Blast From The Past Posts" click on the Blast From The Past button at the top of this post.

This entry was posted on Friday, April 17, 2009 at Friday, April 17, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

thank you sweetie for doing the Blast from the past carnival.
Great photo
I love you.
Debbie

April 17, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Post a Comment